We are excited to announce we have received two anonymous matching gifts for all December giving, up to $20,000!
It is that time of year again and we need to shore up our ship! We need your support to make 2022 even better than 2021. We certainly made the most of 2021! We are happy to report our high school teams and our summer school returned to normal operations this summer. However with Covid we did face a few continued challenges. We paid for professional cleaning all season, reduced our fundraising events and limited the size and number of events and again held a very scaled back Fun Regatta.
Quality instructors, boats and docks, comprehensive insurance for youth on the water and yes, property taxes, all require our financial support to keep GLSS thriving. 2021 has been a fantastic year with new partners and has shown us an exciting window to a vibrant future. We have tapped the potential that GLSS can have in our community and on Gull Lake. It is an exciting time!
In the 2021 season:
- We filled over 100 slots of Sailing School over seven weeks with students ages 4 -18, sailing Optis, 420's, C and MC scows and our Laser Bahia
- Fielded our most competitive high school teams to date with five top ten finishes in regional regattas
- Taught 2 weeks of YMCA sailing classes for 30 YMCA campers
- Brought over 60 YMCA youth out for our Explore Sailing program
- Held YMCA swimming and fitness classs
- Partnered with the National Loon Center, the U of M Raptor Center, the new Wonder Trek Children's Museum, and the Lakes Area Music Festival for excellent programs.
- Co hosted over 75 youth for boat safety classes with the Cass and Crow Wing Water Patrol, GCOLA, and the DNR
- Co hosted the State Of The Lakes Area event with the Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation
- Saw continued growth of our MC Fleet #104, including nine teams traveling to the MC National Championship in June.
We hope if you are able, you will join our Admirals Club or contribute at whatever level you can! Every gift counts and will be doubled in December!
Thank you for your consideration and support of GLSS!
A 501c3 non profit organization