host of the 2022 MC Masters championships!
june 23 -25
** MC Fleet 104 Please contact [email protected] with your 2019, 2020 and 2021 results!
2022 SATuRDAY RACING
What: Fleet racing Saturdays June, July, August, September
Who: All MC Fleet and other sailboats welcome to join.
Time: 12:00 unless noted otherwise
Location: Main Lake in front of GLSS
PRO: Rotate through fleet. PLEASE volunteer. If you are novice PROs, Mentors will guide you through this process.
DATES to NOTE
June 4 IceBreaker!
June 18 (Father’s Day Weekend)
June 23 - 25 MC MASTERS
July 2 (Independence Day Weekend)
July 9 ** 10:00 Race (Family Fun Day at Noon at GLSS)
July 30 FUN REGATTA
July 31 WEATHER BACK UP DATE
September 3 (Labor Day Weekend)
NEW THIS YEAR: WE WILL BE ADDING MIDWEEK RABBIT RACING AT 6 PM ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS.
NO RACE COMMITTEE. ALL ARE INVITED TO JUMP ABOARD AND TAKE THE HELM. ENCOURAGING ALL SKILL LEVELS TO PARTICIPATE.
COVID RULES: One Household per PRO Team. Bouys with anchors and Flags will be set outside the clubhouse prior to the race set up. Gear will be returned to outside clubhouse lower doors. Avoid entry and use of lower level in order to keep space clean for sailing school.
SAFETY: We need one Safety Boat out there each race. To help PRO teams, please encourage your family to check on your safety. Life vests and flotation panels are excellent options to reduce risk to sailors, PRO and safety teams. Throwable flotation in all boats is state law. You are responsible for your own safety and a safety team will assist you if available. Respect physical distance between boats. SAFETY NEVER TAKES A HOLIDAY.
COURSES: 3-5 20 minute races per Saturday. Course design at the discretion of the PRO will be communicated prior to starts.
3 minute starts.
COMMUNICATIONS: Prior to the Racing, we will use the GLYC MC FLEET Text Group to monitor weather and general plans
During racing, radios will be used. Chanel 72
PLEASE add new and potential sailors and teams to this email list and forward along to them.
SCORING: Each race will be scored. Results will be posted on FLEET TEXT.
We will be Accumulating Scores for the Season
WEATHER: Times may change if weather is a factor. A race may be rescheduled for Sunday if the PRO team deems appropriate. The TEXT GROUP and Chanel 72 radio will be used to communicate postponements and cancellations
Each MC registered to the fleet will need to pay a fee $150 per boat. We highly encourage a donation to GLSS at the Skipper Level or greater. For those of you who have not already made your donation to GLSS, here is the link to the easy to use website.
DUES: Each boat needs to pay a fleet dues of $150 to T. Dunphy. This helps to support the use of club facilities and fleet costs.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Have Fun Out There!
Your MC Fleet Officers,
Notice of Race/Sailing Instructions
Gull Lake 62nd Fun Regatta
July 30, 2022
Gull Lake Sailing School/ Gull Lake Yacht Club
3. Schedule of Races: Saturday, July 30, 2022. 10:00 am 3 mn warning signal on the race course. Three races will be held back to back in the morning followed by a break for lunch and three races will be held back to back in the afternoon. A brief afternoon gathering will be held following racing. No throw outs will be calculated. One race constitutes a regatta.
4. Registration: Please register via the online registration portal on the GLSS website. LINK HERE
5. Entries: Two classes of boats: Fleet One is the MCs and Fleet Two is the Open Class. Simplicity governs that No Handicapping will be taking place for the Open Fleet. 420s, X boats, Optis, C scows and keel and catamarans are welcome. Starting sequence will be determined by composition of registrants.
6. Fees: Entry Fees are TBD. This includes use of facility and equipment, one long sleeved t shirt per boat, trophies and after sailing gathering.
7. Rescheduling: If inclement weather occurs on July 30th that prohibits sailing, a rain date will be the following day on July 31st, 2022.
8. Risk Statement: Sailing by its nature is an unpredictable sport and inherently involves an element of risk. Competitors and support persons participate in this event entirely at their own risk. RRS 3 states: The responsibility for a Boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone. By taking part in the event, each competitor agrees and acknowledges such risk and responsibility.
9. Lunches: Please bring your own lunches and beverages for mid day break.
10. Apres Sailing: Watch for details
11. Race Course: Race course will be a WA 2 or WA 3. This means a Windward Leeward course with an offset at the Windward Mark, a Leeward Gate using two marks for the gate and a Windward Finish Line with a port mark and race officer boat with a flag on the starboard end line. The starting line will be between a port mark and a race officer boat with a flag on the starboard end of the line.
12. The Start: Each class will have a three minute sequence for the start.
Three Minutes: The Warning Signal: The MC Class Flag will be raised. White, Red and Blue triangle with Letters MC
Two Minutes: The I Flag will be Raised. Yellow Square with Black Circle.
One Minute: The I Flag will be Lowered
Start: The MC Class Flag will be Lowered.
This sequence will be repeated for the next Class following a determined time by the Race Officer. If a general recall occurs for the first fleet, they will go to the end of the sequence and the next group will start.
13: Flags: The Race Officer may determine use of starting flags and other flags as necessary including, postponement, life jacket and others.
14. Marks: Marks will be Large Orange Buoys. A small pink buoy may be used if needed.
15. Penalty Turns, Protests, Redress, Arbitration: Race Official will review procedures at the Competitors Briefing at 9:30 a.m. July 30, 2022.
2022 FUN REGATTA
FUN REGATTA Logistics: The fleet will support the Fun Regatta on Saturday, July 30, 2022. We anticipate a great showing of the fleet and seek volunteers for on and off the water tasks. This should not interfere with your ability to sail in the races. Learn about Launching, Boat Inspection, Race Equipment, Trophies, PRO helper, Safety, Scoring, Marks and Mooring. Thanks for volunteering!
Kate and Gene Driessen Sportsmanship Award
2021 - Lynn and Warren Holmes
Lynn and Warren have spent countless hours this season volunteering at Gull Lake Sailing School. They have been steadfast in their commitment to maintaining the flower beds and landscaping on the property. We are grateful for Lynn and Warren!
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GLSS ?
MARCH, APRIL & MAY
HIGH SCHOOL SAILING
SEPTEMBER & OCT
HIGH SCHOOL SAILING